How do you edit URL Parameters in a Hidden Field to always reflect same "query parameters" for that form submission?

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Re: How do you edit URL Parameters in a Hidden Field to always reflect same "query parameters" for that form submission?

Yes. The activity is being captured and the LP is approved. I even tried editing and re-approving to see if that made a difference. The "Query Parameter" in the activity log remains empty except when I test using an email with utm parameters on the link.

I would love a call. How and when are you available to do so?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do you edit URL Parameters in a Hidden Field to always reflect same "query parameters" for that form submission?

The "Query Parameter" in the activity log remains empty except when I test using an email with utm parameters on the link.

Of course. Because that refers to the true contents of the URL at the moment the Forms 2.0 library has loaded (note: not at the moment the form is submitted, when the library loads it caches this information).

Your description of the triggered action still doesn't make sense.  If Marketo "does not push data to our CRM" then the CRM can't know about the parameters of the Filled Out Form activity. Someone is making up a ghost story to explain (or avoid looking into) what is a certain fact. It is 100% certain that the Filled Out Form activity is syncing to your CRM.

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Of course. Because that refers to the true contents of the URL at the moment the Forms 2.0 library has loaded (note: not at the moment the form is submitted, when the library loads it caches this information).

So the Default Value will not populate the Query parameters in the Activity Log. That's good to know. For sanity sake.

Your description of the triggered action still doesn't make sense.

I totally agree. It makes no sense. That's the mystery I need to solve and prove. I'm forced to go "snipe" hunting. I'm just trouble-shooting and the facts that I know are the hidden fields in the form are customized and were clearly created for this purpose alone. When it does not work... I don't know why and I deduced it must have something to do with the "Query parameters" in the Activity Log. That could be completely false. I don't know.

Once I know the precise mechanism taking place in the CRM I can easily remedy any issues. Nobody seems to know. 1500 employees and I'm the only marketer and Marketo guy that inherited these things I've never seen before.

If Marketo "does not push data to our CRM" then the CRM can't know about the parameters of the Filled Out Form activity. Someone is making up a ghost story to explain (or avoid looking into) what is a certain fact. It is 100% certain that the Filled Out Form activity is syncing to your CRM.

I consider this to be amazing news actually! Especially coming from you because I totally agree but I'm being told that's not happening and they are blaming Marketo i.e. me. And since I'm not a know it all I then assume I'm doing something wrong or there is something I'mn just not familiar with. I keep saying that "IF" it's a one-way street (which our Lead Developers assure me is the case) then how is our CRM getting Marketo data - manually via export/import or sync? That's the only possibilities. I checked the Marketo webhooks and nothing is active there.