How do I stop a Sales Rep initiated smart campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I stop a Sales Rep initiated smart campaign?

I have created a simple 3 touch email drip that would send to a prospect list on behalf of my Sales Reps. The objective ot the email from the rep is to get a phone meeting with the prospect. First email goes out week 1, second email automatically sends on week 2, and thrid on week 3. 

How can I automatically suppress the subsequent emails if the prospect reponds to a previous one? 

Key work here is "automatically" .  I don't want the Rep to have to manually check something that turns off the drip. 

Perhaps it's Activity logged, or opportunity created .. 

Looksing for other ideas, best practices, or creative solutions that others have done.

Many thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I stop a Sales Rep initiated smart campaign?

Hi Swen,

One way is to trigger based off a change in Lead Status. I'm not sure how your company uses that field, but if their status is switched to "Engaged," or something equivalent, you can base it off of that. 

Added to Opportunity would work, but is everyone who responds added to an Opportunity? You can do based on activity logged, but you would need to make sure there is a consistent naming convention on the activity so that the trigger can pick it up. 

Can you describe the process for the rep if a prospect responds?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Swen,

It just depends what type of response you want the lead to take to qualify to get pulled our of this drip. Maybe it's a change of status or something logged in SFDC or a link or form. I'd just look at all of the triggers and figure out what works best for your reps and the end goal. And if this is a separate triggered smart campaign you'd just make the flow "remove from flow" and select that email drip campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're on the right track.  First you have to define what constitutes "responded", then in your smart campaign add a Remove from Flow flow action before the Send Email flow action.  The Remove from Flow flow action would have a choice that checks to see if that condition exists (or if it's a complex condition, create a separate smart list and use Member of Smart List in the choice) and if it does, then use the "Campaign is this campaign" constraint.