SOLVED

How do I measure CTA clicks on a non-Marketo page in Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I measure CTA clicks on a non-Marketo page in Marketo?

Hi,

I would like to measure how many clicks a CTA (in this case an image and text) receive on our Wordpress page and ideally A/B test to see which receives more clicks. How do other Marketo users manage this? Hopefully there is someone who uses both Hubspot and Marketo who can speak to the most effecient way they handle this functionality in Marketo. 

Thanks!
Greg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I measure CTA clicks on a non-Marketo page in Marketo?

Hi Greg - 
If you have the munchkin code set up in your page, this is easily accomplished with a trigger campaign.

Smartlist:  visits web page, whith constraint clicks link "imagelink" or "text link"
Flow:  change program status:  clicked link   

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg - 
If you have the munchkin code set up in your page, this is easily accomplished with a trigger campaign.

Smartlist:  visits web page, whith constraint clicks link "imagelink" or "text link"
Flow:  change program status:  clicked link   

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I will give this a shot.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is working. The issue that I am running into now is that when tracking what page(s) the banner is on in the Visits Webpage smartlist, we use a widget in Wordpress to place the banner on all pages by targeting the pages to display on by URL. For instance, we will tell the widget to place the banner in the sidebar on all blog pages- www.clientname.com/2012/* and www.clientname.com/2012/*, but it appears that Marketo does not recognize the asterisk as all pages under that area. Is there another way to do it? We have hundreds of blog posts, so adding the pages individually for tracking purposes is not really a realistic option. 

Thanks!
Greg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg, try using the word "contains" instead of "is"  on whatever link you have.  For your example, try the word "clientname".

Hope this makes sense.