How do I edit an A/B Test while it's in progress??

Nate_Deacon
Level 2

How do I edit an A/B Test while it's in progress??

Okay so I'm currently running a Subject Line A/B test for a newsletter I'm sending out. The winning factor is Click-Open Ratio. The winning subject line email is scheduled to send out next Tuesday. But after getting the analytics on the test back, I don't want the winning subject line to be used. Instead I want the losing subject line to go out. I've tried deleting the campaign all together and it won't let me. Is there a way I can edit the campaign at this point so that the winning subject line doesn't go out, and so I can chose what subject line goes out? If not, is there a way I can delete the campaign all together?

2 REPLIES 2
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Re: How do I edit an A/B Test while it's in progress??

Hi Nate,

As the test is running Marketo won't allow you to delete the program. To stop the email from being go out, on the A/B test program, click on email unapprove the program and you should be good to go. But, please keep in mind while sending out the email again you will have to exclude the people who have already been sent out the email. 

pastedImage_3.png

zjarvinen
Level 1

Re: How do I edit an A/B Test while it's in progress??

Hi, I have the same problem. The issue is that it doesn't allow me to "unapprove" the program:

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 9.48.56 PM.png

 And, when I click on the A|B, it doesn't allow me to change it or deactivate that, so that I can then deactivate the campaign from there:

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 9.49.57 PM.png

Appreciate the help!  It's due to go out in 20 hours so if any way to let me know before will be appreciated.