SOLVED

How Change Member Status in Engagement Program Once Content is Exhausted

Go to solution
Jesse_Richard
Level 3

How Change Member Status in Engagement Program Once Content is Exhausted

In order to prevent people who are in an engagement program from receiving other one-off emails, I have a "Marketable" segmentation set up that filters out people in an engagement program with an "In Nurture" status. How can I change the program member status (in this case to "Exhausted" so they get put back into the "Marketable" segmentation) after they receive all the emails and become exhausted? I tried setting up a Smart Campaign with the flow step to change program status, but there's no triggers I can find to identify when someone has exhausted all the content. What is the best practice / how are others changing member statuses or even excluding people from other sends?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How Change Member Status in Engagement Program Once Content is Exhausted

Use a batch campaign with a filter "member of program" with a "exhausted content" constraint. Run it daily.

Using triggers in EP management is not recommended and is not necessary, as no real time is really needed.

Not only you should change the member status, but you can also reassign the person to a empty "Exhausted" stream. Or you should pause them. This is to avoid that they suddenly receive a content if you add a new content in the streams.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Use a batch campaign with a filter "member of program" with a "exhausted content" constraint. Run it daily.

Using triggers in EP management is not recommended and is not necessary, as no real time is really needed.

Not only you should change the member status, but you can also reassign the person to a empty "Exhausted" stream. Or you should pause them. This is to avoid that they suddenly receive a content if you add a new content in the streams.

-Greg

Jesse_Richard
Level 3

Ahhhh! It's a constraint. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome