How can I use the web page contains query to isolate a specific component of the URL?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I use the web page contains query to isolate a specific component of the URL?

We have a site with a large number of URLs
eg site/article/company_security_under threat
eg site/article/how_to_ensure_personal_security_online

I want to be able to define leads based on a keyword within that URL
eg in the above instance the word security

I have tried Web Page/Contains  Security  (see below) but it doesn't seem to be able to pick that up

Am I just limited to full URLs?

0EM50000000RsvT.jpg
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I use the web page contains query to isolate a specific component of the URL?

Hi Davy,
contains /security/ should work but that's not helpful in this case. For a single word I never tried it but it's possible that Marketo doesn't allow it because it would be very slow.
Did you try a combination of "starts with: http://www.yourdomain.de/" and "contains: security"?

Best regards

Steffen
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: How can I use the web page contains query to isolate a specific component of the URL?

Try using a filter and not a trigger for your key domain name page first before a trigger.
Steffen is correct here, the drop downs will not populate if there is loads of collected data. Best to use a unique domain name for a webpage you know for sure its been visited (won't work for new webpages if nobody has landed on it).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys will give those a go