How can I stop Marketo from fixing my HTML?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I stop Marketo from fixing my HTML?

Hello,

I am a front-end developer and I spent the past week coding a responsive design for our email template. I am in the process of adding in all necessary Tokens. However, Marketo changes my HTML once I uploaded it. There has to be a way to stop this. The HTML is tested on many devices, with Litmus, and I want it to be sent EXACTLY the way I coded it. How can I do that?

What I currently do is: Edit the draft -> replace the HTML -> paste my HTML in -> and here already I see the messup, and once I replace the HTML again, I see that my code has been changed.

Please help.
Thank you,
Till
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I stop Marketo from fixing my HTML?

What exactly is it changing? When I've pasted HTML in via the replace button, I've never seen it change what I added.
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Marketo adds a doctype. I don't want that to happen, since my markup is not very doctype-clean in order to make it appear right on a range of devices and clients
2) Marketo moves a token that contains an ad banner from the bottom of the mail to the top, for no apparent reson. Now I have two banners on top of my mail.
3) Marketo removes and moves table row and table cell closing tags.

All this shouldn't happen.
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Create a new email template and paste your custom HTML there instead of pasting your code in an individual email itself. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not working. Marketo applies the same changes to the code I pasted in the template.