How can I manually trigger a lead scoring activity?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I manually trigger a lead scoring activity?

For example: We present a webinar through one of our strategic partners. They have a large network, they promote the webinar, they handle the registration and then send us a list of all the registrants/attendees. This is our webinar on our product, but since attendees registered through our partner's systems, not ours, Marketo cannot give them credit for attending the webinar.

I'm willing to do the work and manually go to all 50 registrants and give them the points for attending the webinar. But how do I do this?

I see I can go to a contact's lead score and manually change it. But it's not super helpful to just change the score from 10 to 20 or whatever. But instead to manually trigger "attended webinar," which will change the score and record in the history that they attended the webinar. Just typing in a new score doesn't provide the history or reason why.

Thanks!
Dante

1 REPLY 1
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: How can I manually trigger a lead scoring activity?

You can just set up a Smart Campaign to change the lead score.  So if you have a list of leads, put them into a static list, and then in the Smart Campaign select: Member of list, then in the Flow select: Change Score, and select the score you want to change followed by how much you want to change it.

In the flow I'd add in a Change Program Status for the webinar to 'Attended' and also you could add an interesting moment in there too to ensure everything is covered off.

And then simply run the campaign (just do 'Run Once')

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Juli