Has anyone noticed Sales Insight emails with the "&" character in their subject don't get logged?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone noticed Sales Insight emails with the "&" character in their subject don't get logged?

I recently had one of our salespersons complain that many of the emails that he is sending via Send and Track in Outlook, were not being tracked.  He sent me examples of the emails and they had subjects like "Thanks & next steps", "Thanks & calendar" and "Search & Steak event last night".  Based on Marketo's past history of problems with special characters, the ampersand may be breaking the logging of the Sales Email in the Marketo Activity Log, and Salesforce Sales Insight and Activity History sections.

Has anyone else experienced this? 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone noticed Sales Insight emails with the "&" character in their subject don't get logged?

Elliott,

I've not investigated subject lines, but I've recently had reps complaining of the same problem. For one of them, the emails didn't seem to be logged, and then they randomly showed up hours later. It shouldn't be a sync issue since they're looking for them in Sales Insight. Would love to know if others have seen the same issues.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone noticed Sales Insight emails with the "&" character in their subject don't get logged?

Drew, I subsequently discovered other sales emails that this was affecting that did not have an ampersand in their subject.  Sorry for not updating this with that additional info.

I ultimately submitted a case to tech support and they suggested that the user uninstall and reinstall the Outlook Add-in.  He did that last week and it seems to have solved the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's a lame solution. I guess I'll have them do that. Thanks, Elliott.