Gravity Forms and Campaign is Requested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gravity Forms and Campaign is Requested.

We’re building a new Wordpress website and using the Marketo plugin for Gravity Forms so our forms can be responsive. In order to be able to link our forms in Wordpress, we needed to create Campaigns that used the trigger Campaign is Requested and Source is Web Service API. The leads are coming into our database but the campaigns don’t pick up anyone. We’d like to have flow steps of Send Email, Send Alert, etc. Do I need  a different campaign to do this? If so, what would the trigger be? Any better way to do this?
Thanks!

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gravity Forms and Campaign is Requested.

I have not used this plugin but based on how those flow steps work, the campaigns would need to be specified at some point when you are setting up your forms. 

The lead being created shows the integration is working, but for the Campaign Is Requested trigger to work there needs to be a call made to that specific campaign. 

In your form setup does the plugin give you an option to specifiy which campaigns to request? Or anywhere in the plugin settings? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is a spot in the plugin where you specify which Marketo campaign it is and also map your fields. I have attached a couple of screenshots so you can see.

Thanks so much for your help, Justin!!

0EM50000000Sxdj.jpg

0EM50000000Sxdo.jpg

0EM50000000Sxdt.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. That looks like it should work. Your requestable campaign is active and it appears to match the one selected in the Gravity forms settings. 

Two other things I'm curious about: 

1) What do the Marketo settings look like? 
2) What does the tooltip next to "Marketo Campaign" say? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what the tool tips say: 

Marketo Campaign Tool Tip: Select the Marketo list you would like to add your contacts to

Gravity Form Tool Tip: Select the gravity form you would like to integrate with Marketo. Contacts generated by this form will be automatically added to your Marketo account.  

And these are the settings.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so there is a possible answer. It is asking you to select a list rather than a campaign.

Have you tried selecting a list instead from the drop down? Strange it would show both campaigns and lists in the same drop-down but it's possible. If you can add the leads to a list you could trigger activity from there. 

Where did the instructions around setting up the request campaign flow come from? 

Lastly, I would suggest blurring out your secret key in the screenshot above for security reasons. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't allow you to select a list from the drop down - only campaigns with a trigger of 'Request Campaign' show up there. No idea why it says list. 

Thanks anyway, Justin. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been setting up Gravity Forms Marketo integration for the last couple of days. Here's what I did:

Smart campaign in Marketo > GF - Contact Us

with a Smart List:

• Trigger - Campaign is Requested > Source - 'is' - 'Web Service API'

with a Flow:

• Wait > 2 minutes
  • Create Task
  • Send Alert

with Schedule:

• 'Each lead can run through the flow every time'

Create a feed in WordPress > Forms > Marketo

• Pick the campaign ( from Marketo )
  • Pick the form ( from WordPress )
  • Map all fields in the form with their Marketo equivalents ( SOAP API names )

Went to the website and filled out the form. Marketo campaign was populated with the information I just entered.