GoTo Webinar Registration Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

GoTo Webinar Registration Issue

Hey All,

I am looking to setup a registration process flow in Marketo to accepting and rejecting registrants. We want to prevent certain email domains from being able to login to our webinar, but certain email addressed can be accepted automatically.

So far, I have created a trigger campaign, that when someone fills out the registration form, their progression status is changed to "pending approval"

I have another trigger campaign that states when "program status is changed" to register, the registrant will then receive the confirmation email.

However, I am missing a step because I do not want to have to manually approve all registrants since most webinars average around 130 people or so. How can I automate the approval process? Am I on the right track? Any ideas?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GoTo Webinar Registration Issue

Hi Ashley,

I think you should be able to set up an intermediate smart campaign to handle the approval process. 
  • trigger: program status = pending approval
  • flow:
    • if email address contains "gmail.com" (just an example, you can input a list of whatever domains you do not want registering), change status to rejected
    • default, change status to registered
You may want to set up an email campaign that notifies the recipient why they were rejected as it could cause confusion for people who legitimately want to watch the webinar. Perhaps invite them to re-register with a business email address (or something of that nature)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ashley! Did you setup the registration smart campaign to block those email domains you do not want to login? For example, if the trigger is fills out form is webinar, then add a filter for email address is not X OR company name is not X. That way you can avoid the manual process of approving registrants. Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ashley, Little trick you can do is to change the label "Email" to "Business Email". In Forms1.0 this would give a error message when someone would try to fill the field with gmail, hotmail, and so on. The error message states to please enter a valid business email address. This should prevent your entire issue in the first place. I don't know if this still works in Forms2.0.