Google Analytics tracks Landing Page URL with parameter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Analytics tracks Landing Page URL with parameter

Hello,

We are currently using Google Analytics to track all access to our Marketo Landing Pages. We noticed that Google Analytics shows some of our Landing Page URL with long parameters like below.

/landingpage01.html?mktNetwork=facebook&ltok=_mch-XXXX.net-00000000-00000&fb_action_ids=000000000&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[00000000000]&action_type_map=["og.likes"]&action_ref_map=[]

/downloadpage01.html?mkt_tok=00XXXX000000XXXXXX000000XXXX

Could anyone tell me why it happens and can it be fixed?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Google Analytics tracks Landing Page URL with parameter

It is essentially the GA's JavaScript needing a review. Are you using the old scripts from standard landing page templates? It is likely.

The current GA scripts are published at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008083?hl=en&ref_topic=1008079

You may need to update the landing page templates and reapprove all landing pages affected. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Google Analytics tracks Landing Page URL with parameter

Hello bgomes,

Thank you very much again for your response.

There's only one difference between the sample script in the link you introduced and our script. We have an additional line that is "_gaq.push(['_setDomainName',..." since we use a subdomain for our Marketo Landing pages. I am not sure if this line causes this kind of issue. Also, we didn't put those script before "</head>", so we moved it to the right place.

If you come up with other possible causes, I would appreciate to hear it.

Thank you so much,