SOLVED

Getting Valid Tokens for a Campaign

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Valid Tokens for a Campaign

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a list of valid tokens that can be passed along when triggering a campaign?  I see that there is a way to get a list of tokens by folder ID. (link) Ideally, I would like to do that campaign id.

A little bit of background for this question...

For our programmatic integration purposes, I want to allow our marketing team to dynamically maintain the list of tokens that could be used when we trigger a campaign on the back-end of our application.  Our architecture dictates that we be flexible in the way we receive that values that will be passed along as token name/value pairs.  I don't want to limit our marketing team by requiring a change-management process to occur from IT every time they need to request or supply different fields.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Getting Valid Tokens for a Campaign

A campaign will have My Tokens available from it's immediate parent program or folder.  A smart campaign may be a child of either a program or a folder, so you need to retrieve the list of tokens based on either type.  For example if My Campaign is a child of My Program, I would need to make a call to Get Tokens By Folder ID specifying {id : myProgramId, type: "Program"}.  This will provide a list of all available token.  If you cdon't already know the id of the program, you can get it using Get Folder By Name and specifying type=Program.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

A campaign will have My Tokens available from it's immediate parent program or folder.  A smart campaign may be a child of either a program or a folder, so you need to retrieve the list of tokens based on either type.  For example if My Campaign is a child of My Program, I would need to make a call to Get Tokens By Folder ID specifying {id : myProgramId, type: "Program"}.  This will provide a list of all available token.  If you cdon't already know the id of the program, you can get it using Get Folder By Name and specifying type=Program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny.