Getting Information Into New Lead Alerts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Information Into New Lead Alerts

I have finished building our lead scoring system. Now I need to set up the alerts that will go to our sales team, and I want them to get information as to why they are now sales ready? E.g., where did they come from, what was the activity that pushed them over the edge, why are they qualified?

Right now I have name, company, title, etc. What tokens can I use to get the additional information I am trying to include?
7 REPLIES 7
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Getting Information Into New Lead Alerts

Hi Stephen, depending how your lead scoring works, the Trigger tokens might be really useful for you here as you can list what campaign triggered them to be pushed to sales. Also, you might want to use your lead source field to let sales know where the person originally came from. We use a lot of custom fields, so most of our tokens in the alerts are also custom to provide them with the best info. Product interest would be a good example of a custom field to use. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Stephen,
You will first need to log this information in Marketo somehow. 

For "Where did they come from?", you may already have some Lead Source campaigns set up that set this value. You can then include the Lead Source token in the alert email.

For the activity that pushed them over the edge, I would suggest to set up a campaign to log this event as an Interesting Moment. You can then include the "Last Interesting Moment" fields as tokens in your alert.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

One token my sales team loves is I link to the salesforce id so they can immediately click into the record. 

SFDC Link: https://na15.salesforce.com/{{lead.SFDC Id:default=Not in SFDC}}

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great suggestions! Will, what is the token for last interesting moment? I am not finding it.

Thanks,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I forgot to mention is that you have to have Sales Insight hooked up in your instance for the Last Interesting Moment tokens to be available.

Do you have Sales Insight hooked up and are still not seeing the tokens?
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I don't have Sales Insight. Any other suggestions?