SOLVED

Gathering Lead Information

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gathering Lead Information

I am currently setting up nurture programs, but I only have the leads that have already purchased from us in the past and anonymous leads in our database. Is there a way to gain potential lead information other than forms?  I feel that many websites that ask me for my information before I even get to see the website defers me away from the site (even if it is just asking for my email address).  Is there another way to gather this information without losing interest in our site?

And if this is the only way, where do you find is the ideal place to insert the form on your website? When someone goes to a specific product page? Downloads a PDF? Watches a video? Visits the homepage? I am just concerned that we are going to lose the lead before we have the chance to track them.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gathering Lead Information

Hi Kristen,

Great questions - and you're lucky, their are LOTS of options for adding data about your leads without the need for a form. This in-database enrichment is supplied by vendors like InsideView, NetProspex, ReachForce, Social123, Builtwith, Datanyze and many others. In some cases it's as simple as connecting the software to your Marketo or Salesforce instance, turning it on, and poof! lots of additional data. It really depends on what your market place looks like and how you would use the data as to who is the best fit. If you don't have a plan for how you'll use it, it's just a bunch of clutter. The are also solutions to add this extra info as folks fill out your lead form.

As for what's the ideal place to insert a lead form, there's an element of trial and error, but generally you want to 'ungate" (no form) as much content as possible so prospects can find everything they need if they are considering working with you, but add a lead form to super interesting content assets like "ultimate guide to negotiating [in your industry]" or "2015 Survey on [stuff really compelling in your industry].

- Mary Firme

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a constant struggle for marketers...getting names vs. driving people away. I would look at Marketo's corporate site as an example. They have multiple pieces of content that they "give away" without requiring the visitor to fill out a form, but for their more "premium" content they do. 

Take your cues from companies that do it right, and then test and iterate from there. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristen,

Great questions - and you're lucky, their are LOTS of options for adding data about your leads without the need for a form. This in-database enrichment is supplied by vendors like InsideView, NetProspex, ReachForce, Social123, Builtwith, Datanyze and many others. In some cases it's as simple as connecting the software to your Marketo or Salesforce instance, turning it on, and poof! lots of additional data. It really depends on what your market place looks like and how you would use the data as to who is the best fit. If you don't have a plan for how you'll use it, it's just a bunch of clutter. The are also solutions to add this extra info as folks fill out your lead form.

As for what's the ideal place to insert a lead form, there's an element of trial and error, but generally you want to 'ungate" (no form) as much content as possible so prospects can find everything they need if they are considering working with you, but add a lead form to super interesting content assets like "ultimate guide to negotiating [in your industry]" or "2015 Survey on [stuff really compelling in your industry].

- Mary Firme