Forward to Friend Privacy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forward to Friend Privacy

Hi everyone, 

With the new forward to friend feature in Marketo, how are you dealing with leads being created without their knowledge? Doesn't this violate any privacy policies? We'd like to test this out and I'd like to hear how others are dealing with this issue. 

Also, does anybody know how to customize the lead source of a lead generated through forward to friend?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forward to Friend Privacy

As I understand it, any f2f action that results in a new lead in the database marks that lead as system unsubscribed automatically.  So you'll want to target those new leads with an opt-in campaign to try and get them on-boarded.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

From what I've seen, they get added to my program, but they also become unsubscribed.  Some leads have forwarded their email to their alternate email (company email to a gmail or yahoo email).  Because it's a newsletter, I went ahead and included them to the list, and they do have an option to unsubscribe, and so far, no unsubscribe.  For now it's easy to monitor because it's only 10 records that got added overtime.  Otherwise if it's a bigger number, I'd follow Craig's suggestion.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been looking at this issue and trying to find a work around for it but the problem seems to be worse the more I look at it.

We have used the forward to a friend functionality in various campaigns.
I understand that if a known lead uses the functionality to send a FTAF to an unknown user and that user interacts with it by filling out a form etc. that Marketo will automatically unsubscribe them. I agree that an opt-in campaign is the way to go here BUT ...

If a known lead in Marketo receives a FTAF from a colleague for example and they interact with this FTAT email by filling out a form etc. Marketo will then unsubscribe that known lead also. An opt-in campaign is not ideal here because the user will become confused as to why they are being asked to subscribe when they already thought that they were.

Any advise or suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this thread? Does Marketo still unsubscribe if the F2F recipient is a known subscribed lead?

Looking to test this in our nurture campaigns, any insight would be helpful.

Thanks - Jenn