Forward email to marketo to create a lead

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forward email to marketo to create a lead

I'm looking to forward an inbound email (say that comes to contact@company.com) to create a lead in Marketo. Ideally, I get that email and just forward that to a marketo email address and have that lead automatically created. Most CRMs have this ability. Is this not possible in marketo? 

If not, how do you guys recommend adding leads sent to contact@company.com and info@company.com? Any good streamlined way of doing this? 

Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forward email to marketo to create a lead

We get a lot of junk that comes to our info@company.com email address and haven't explored having them automatically create Marketo leads.  We just have an intern manually enter the ones that are legiitmate leads. 

As far as I know Marketo doesn't have this capability out of the box.  In Salesforce we use their Email-to-Case feature, but I didn't realize that there is an Email-to-Lead capability - can you point me at a SFDC help article on this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would like to follow this one as well, I'm curious as to quality of the lead creation, especially on a forward email - perhaps they can be forwarded to a queue for regular review - last thing we would want is an email that a bot can hit...
Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

Jen,

Keep in mind that you would need a method of parsing the email inbox where you receive the messages in order to use the data in some systematic way (for lack of a better word). Marketo does not have the feature to receive emails to auto generate lead entries. And Marketo is not really a CRM. It connects to SFDC which is a CRM but I wouldn't say Marketo itself is a CRM.

As the guys mentioned, if the quality of the data is questionable, I would rather have it stewarded before attempting to bring it into the system whenever possible. One thing you could do is replace the links to the email address with a link to a Marketo capture page. That way you bring them in directly and use the system configuration to route them however you may need.

You can also create a weekly, or daily file from the emails you receive, and copy the data into a CSV file which you could use to import the data into Marketo after it has been stewarded.

Email role accounts (info, webmaster, contact, etc.) tend to get a lot of junk, so perhaps you might also want to consider that as part of your strategy.

Good luck!

Rafael