SOLVED

Forms

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms

Hi there,
I was working on forms for multiple events and thought it would be easier and orgranized to not have diffrerent forms for each of them. I was wondering if there's any way where i can have a drop down or option button where the user can select the respective event and when the option is selected the forms accordingly to the events show. I was looking into hiding my custom field and using the if optiion but it would always let me do just one field.
Thanks,
Michael A. 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Forms

Hey Michael, this can be achieved using conditional visibility.. The way that the conditional visibility fields work is as OR statements. So you could show a specific field if someone selects event x, or event y -- and it wouldn't be shown if they select event z. You would probably want to use "show" instead of "hide" as I have in my example below -- unless you want something to be based on an AND statement. If you want a field to show if multiple criteria are met, then take a look at this thread. 

0EM50000000SJEz.jpg

Hope this helps, but let me know if I can explain this any further using your specific situation!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Michael, this can be achieved using conditional visibility.. The way that the conditional visibility fields work is as OR statements. So you could show a specific field if someone selects event x, or event y -- and it wouldn't be shown if they select event z. You would probably want to use "show" instead of "hide" as I have in my example below -- unless you want something to be based on an AND statement. If you want a field to show if multiple criteria are met, then take a look at this thread. 

0EM50000000SJEz.jpg

Hope this helps, but let me know if I can explain this any further using your specific situation!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome just the answer i was looking for. 
Thank you,
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry another question, where do i define the value of the event so that the members in my event can see the form and not an empty form? I tried testing it by putting myself as a lead in my event but whenever i go to the landing page the form is empty (the submit button is the only thing that is displayed). I'm guessing my event has to know what the value of the event is when the form is launched so that it can decide?
Thanks,