Forms 2.0: Progressive forms - 6 fields to start with only 4 after that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms 2.0: Progressive forms - 6 fields to start with only 4 after that?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to create a form where you start with 6 fields and once they have been filled in only ask 4 after that. e.g.

New visitor:

First name:
Last name:
Email address
Phone
Company
Country

Next time:

First name:
Email address:
Employee size:
Annual revenue: 

In the progressive forms i can only see how I would ask 6 again, not the reduced 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bec
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forms 2.0: Progressive forms - 6 fields to start with only 4 after that?

Have you created the form and tested it?  Because from my understanding the form will show a maximum of 4 fields (among the ones in the progressive profiling box) and that only if they are not previously known. So it should work as you want it to. I have not tested it myself though so I could be wrong.

I would also put first name and email address outside of the progressive profiling so that they are marked as always show, otherwise they may not be shown to a known visitor.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: Forms 2.0: Progressive forms - 6 fields to start with only 4 after that?

Erica is right for the known visitors. Once the visitors are known with all information gathered by fields in progressive profiling, the fields set in progressive profiling stop showing up. Can you clarify if you need the same fields or do new fields come up(which you want to consider outside of progressive profiling) once the visitor is known?

If the number of fields is the only issue, you can bring it down to 4 by including 3 fields by default and setting all of the rest in progressive profiling box. To make sure that only 4 fields appear, set number of blank fields for  progressive profiling as 1. Is this the issue you are facing or is it something else? Please let me know.

Hope this helps!