Form on landing page not displaying in IE 10 or 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form on landing page not displaying in IE 10 or 11

Landing page forms do not show up in IE 10 or 11.

Landing page in Firefox.
0EM50000000Rbgv.jpg

Landing page in IE 10:
0EM50000000Rbh0.jpg

Any solution to this?
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form on landing page not displaying in IE 10 or 11

Matthew,

There are a couple of things that may be causing this that come to mind, aside from IE's usually stubborness.

1. Have you verified that javascript is enabled?
2. Are you displaying the form on a secure page (i.e. it has a https://example.com/... rather than http://example.com/...)? See this thread for more details: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PnT9AAK

What differences between the browsers can you find? Are there settings which vary between the two?

Alan
Anonymous
Not applicable

After some testing I have found that Forms 2.0 with a Text Area field will not display in IE 10 or 11.  With just normal Text Field Types, the form displays, but once you add a Text Area field type, the form disappears. Forms with Text Area field types utilizing the original (not 2.0) form builder seem to work fine in IE.

I am not sure why this happens, but I believe it is a bug that Marketo needs to fix.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you ensure that you have compatibility mode turned off?  Let me know if it is still an issue.
Alicia_Bell
Level 2

We were having the same issue, and turning off compatibility mode resolved it. However, since we can't ensure that all of our customers will have it turned off, is there any other way around this besides going back to forms 1.0?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also having this issue.  It seems that IE installs with the compatibility settings, so having the general public fix the issue by changing their browser settings doesn't seem like a reasonable approach. 

We're moving back to Forms 1.0 until the issue is resolved. 

Marketo Team ... are you looking into it?  Potentially not everyone using Forms 2.0 even knows about the issue.  Unless they have checked the form in IE, they'd be none the wiser.  It might be a larger problem than it would appear to be based on the few threads/posts I've seen.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for bringing this to light.

We're actively working on the issue.  Definitely understand you can't enforce how your customers use the browser - will post an update once this is resolved.
Alicia_Bell
Level 2

Just curious if there are any updates on this issue?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still experiencing this problem as well, ditto on the call for updates!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the issue with one of our employees using IE 10.  Has anything been resolved?  I would hate to stop my team from using Forms 2.0.