SOLVED

Form on a external webpage

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form on a external webpage

Hey all,

I am looking to add a small form on a external webpage (outside of Marketo). Is there a Marketo widget that can help with that?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form on a external webpage

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get that inline confirmation message without some customization.  We've used iFrames in the past to handle this—but there is no current out-of-the-box Marketo solution, as far as I'm aware.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Andy, you should be able to just grab the code and insert it to the page where you'd like the form. Forms 2.0 has really made this much easier.

After you create and approve the form, right click and select Embed Code:

0EM50000000Rpgu.jpg

One thing to remember is that form prefill won't work when you take the forms outside of Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! This seems to get the form on the page but when i click submit i am hoping to just have it say some kind of thank you message and the form just re-appears. I have tried the "use custom HTML if user is known" but that only works if the come back to the page not right after they filled out the form.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I believe if you build a thank you page, then set the follow up to that page (in the form settings), that should work.

I can't guarantee that the custom HTML if the user is known will work outside of Marketo, this might be like form prefill which only works on Marketo pages.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small note: what happens after you submit a form gets configured within the form itself—you can choose either stay on the form, direct to a Marketo landing page, or direct to an external URL.  You would want to edit your form settings in Marketo, and then copy the new embed code into your website.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only issue with these suggestions is that this takes me off the current page. The form is just on the side of an article giving the people the option to subscribe. So ideally they would just hit submit and it wouldnt take them off the page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get that inline confirmation message without some customization.  We've used iFrames in the past to handle this—but there is no current out-of-the-box Marketo solution, as far as I'm aware.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yes, it would require some additional coding to replace the form with something else after submission. 
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

I'd use an iframe, like Deandra suggested. By far the simplest solution for your requirement. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can make the pre-fill work on a non-MKTO LP by creating a MKTO LP bridge page. You'd essentially place your form on a MKTO LP and you'd map the fields from the bridge page to a current form on your site. In other words, the MKTO form would not actually be on your site but the field values would be pulled through to one of your own form's fields. Upon form submission, the process would work as you would need it as the MKTO form on the bridge page would be sumitted as well.