Form Notification

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Notification

How do i make it so that i am notified when a form is filled out?

8 REPLIES 8
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Form Notification

Hi Taylor,

You'll want to have a smart campaign setup in your Marketing Activities section.  You'll use a Fills Out Form trigger in the Smart List tab of the campaign, and you can choose a specific form, or use the Is Any option in the trigger's drop down to trigger off of all forms.  In the Flow tab of the campaign you'll use a Send Alert flow step, and choose which email you want to be sent when the campaign is triggered.

The email can contain tokens like {{lead.First Name}} for lead information, or {{trigger.trigger name}} to get the name of the form they filled out.  You can see all of the available tokens you can use in your alert email here. https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Tokens+Glossary

Once all that is done, you activate the campaign on the Schedule tab, and you'll start getting alerts for your form fill outs.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John,

Should i set the schedule to run everyday? My goal is basically to get notified whenever a form is filled out.

pastedImage_0.png

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Taylor,

If you use the Fills Out Form trigger (Orange Lightning Bolt) in the Smart List, then it will become a trigger campaign and the schedule tab will say Activate. Check your smart list and switch the green filter for an orange trigger.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! thank you will i be notified via e-mail when the form is filled out or will it be in my notifications tab?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! thank you will i be notified via e-mail when the form is filled out or will it be in my notifications tab? Or will it be in the results tab from the campaign?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Taylor,

If you set the Send Alert flow step in your campaign to send an email to your email address, then each time the campaign fires it will send an alert to you.  The notifications tab is more for announcements that affect your entire instance, like sync problems or errors.

Also, remember to mark any responses you receive in the community as Correct and Helpful if you find them to be so.  This helps other users in the future who may be looking for answers to the same questions you have.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John!

I think i have everything set up correctly but for some reason i am not receiving an e-mail. I am only seeing a form submission by looking at the results page of my smart campaign.

pastedImage_0.png

I have it set so that each lead can run through the campaign an unlimited number of times.

and here is a screen shot of what my flow tab looks like.

Do you have any ideas why i may not be receiving an actual e-mail?

pastedImage_1.png

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Taylor,

You haven't chosen an alert email to be sent.  The Send Alert flow step has to be told which alert email in your system you want to receive when leads fill out a form.  Because the Email: section of your flow step is blank it doesn't know what email to send.

John