SOLVED

Force Cast Flow Step? (Engagement Program Variable Cadence)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Force Cast Flow Step? (Engagement Program Variable Cadence)

Hello Marketo Community,

I'm currently trying to leverage an engagement program to design a series of emails to go out at variable lengths of time based on a specific action. Is it even possible to do this with an engagement program? I'd like to leverage the streams of an engagement program for better management of assets and flows.

My question is, is it possible to force a cast for an individual lead? This is where I'm experience the most difficulty because we are not using a standard cadence and we need the initial email to send based on an action versus schedule.

Are there any best practices/recommendations out there besides using a smart campaign flow steps without the engagement program to control the cadence?

Thanks!

Edwin

Pic of what I'm trying to create:

pastedImage_1.png

Ideally - they are casted 'VSB - Day 1' based on the trigger, and then follow the cadence listed. Again, the engagement program itself helps with asset management and ensures we can positionally locate folks and re-opt/opt them into streams.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Force Cast Flow Step? (Engagement Program Variable Cadence)

Hi Edwin,

Advise: do not post in Champions, but rather in products. Many more people will see and will be likely to answer.

No, it not possible to force a cast. Engagement programs are there not good at handling variable intervals. You can twist it of course, adding some wait steps in nested programs, but at the end of the day, you will end up will too much complexity, IMHO. Someone may come later, change the ordre of the content , and create a disaster.

If you really need variable durations, a smart campaign will be better.

But I also can tell you that we have done some testing to compare fixed cadence with variable ones on a long term nurturing (real mofu educational) program (more than 6 content), and the fixed one drove better results.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Edwin,

Advise: do not post in Champions, but rather in products. Many more people will see and will be likely to answer.

No, it not possible to force a cast. Engagement programs are there not good at handling variable intervals. You can twist it of course, adding some wait steps in nested programs, but at the end of the day, you will end up will too much complexity, IMHO. Someone may come later, change the ordre of the content , and create a disaster.

If you really need variable durations, a smart campaign will be better.

But I also can tell you that we have done some testing to compare fixed cadence with variable ones on a long term nurturing (real mofu educational) program (more than 6 content), and the fixed one drove better results.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply Gregoire Michel and clarifications - I'll be sure to post in products moving forward!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

In fact only Champions are alerted when you post in the champions group. And, although they are supposed to be pretty skilled, they are not that many

-Greg