SOLVED

Exclude members in a smart campaign of another smart campaign

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude members in a smart campaign of another smart campaign

Hello,

I have two smart campaigns, I wish to define the smart list of smart campaign B in such a way that no members of campaign A should exist in it. This is just to avoid a member getting an email twice since the email is same for both the campaigns and the members of both are mostly the same.

I appreciate for taking time to read this, please advise

Harshit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exclude members in a smart campaign of another smart campaign

Hi Harshit Pandey

I think this is your solution.

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 18.24.57.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Harshit Pandey

I think this is your solution.

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 18.24.57.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sir,

In order to test this filter I replicated the exact smart campaign and in the smart list section I added the filter mentioned by you with AND.

pastedImage_0.png

The original campaign had roughly 2500 contacts and the new campaign now has 45 contacts but they all exist in the previous list too, ideally it should return 0 contacts since it is an exact replica. I have been checking the contacts from "Qualified Leads'" tab in both.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The 45 people who exist in both, are they actually listed as members of the other smart campaign? Or were they blocked due to some reason, or added to your database after the fact?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 45 contacts exist in both the campaigns under "Qualified Leads". These 45 contacts are in no way additional contacts brought in by some other filter/trigger. I refreshed both the lists and count is the same so no new data was added.

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Is it possible that there are duplicates of these 45? With our business structure we can have one person with multiple contacts records but the same email address (confusing, I know!) but one of the contact records could be qualifying for one smart list while one of the others, or duplicates, could qualify for the second list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris all these contacts are unique, there are no duplicates.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Kevin Haugh the danger of marking Takehiro's answer correct is that potential duplicates who were excluded from the first send due to the fact that they're duplicates will not be excluded from the second send by just using the single filter logic. It would be advisable if using the "not member of smart campaign" filter to include a filter that says "not member of smart list: Possible Duplicates".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dory you are right but my Marketo instance does not have any duplicates yet I am unable to understand why those 45 contacts are being pulled. I went ahead and filtered these 45 contacts from the first campaign and all these contacts were marketable and not blocked/suspended.