SOLVED

Examples and best practices of preference centers

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Examples and best practices of preference centers

I'm going to work on creating a new preference center for our emails. I've looked around and I viewed the webinar "Don't let them unsubscribe" but I'd like best practices and examples from yall!

Also, how do you handle the preference selected? Do you just used smart lists and have to remember to include them in the programs?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Examples and best practices of preference centers

Here is a link to ours:
http://go.volarisgroup.com/assetworks-fleet-preference-center.html

We have set up each preference as a customer field in SFDC. To create our smart list in Marketo, we run the following filter "Email Opt-in Newsletter = True" and that pulls in everyone who wants to get our newsletter. That Opt-in step is part of all of our smart lists for emails and programs.

We are currently making some changes that will add two buttons to the preference center that say "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" next to each preference option. We have gotten feedback that its a little confusing to know if checking the box means you want to receive the emails or you don't know want to get them. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribing as this is something I will need to build out soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link to ours:
http://go.volarisgroup.com/assetworks-fleet-preference-center.html

We have set up each preference as a customer field in SFDC. To create our smart list in Marketo, we run the following filter "Email Opt-in Newsletter = True" and that pulls in everyone who wants to get our newsletter. That Opt-in step is part of all of our smart lists for emails and programs.

We are currently making some changes that will add two buttons to the preference center that say "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" next to each preference option. We have gotten feedback that its a little confusing to know if checking the box means you want to receive the emails or you don't know want to get them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have the options of: 

- What type of email they'd like the receive: text v html

I don't think Marketo has released just text emails yet so that's why I'm curious.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carey,

Can you please dive a little deeper into your customer fields with SFDC? We also use SFDC sync. Do you create each field in the form through salesforce and have it sync over?

We're trying to do the same thing by setting up smart lists that way we know what lead prefers what to receive, without us manually going into each lead.

Best practices for creating these lists would be appreciated.

Thank you.