Event Marketing Best Practices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Event Marketing Best Practices

Can anyone lend some insight (or better yet, presentations/checklists) on event and webcast marketing best practices?

We're looking to revamp our current email announcements strategy and are not sure where to start beyond testing the times that the announcements are sent out. We've already been using a homegrown Add-to-Calendar feature, and will be mapping that over to the new feature soon!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Event Marketing Best Practices

You may get some insight from a series of best practice presentations that are in my LinkedIn profile (www.linkedin.com/in/elliottlowe)including the following:
If you are using Go To Webinar, in our confirmation emails, we include an "Add to your Outlook Calendar" link (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/synchOutlook?wid={{my.Event Number}}&uid={{member.registration code}}) on the email confirmation we sent after the lead registers via a Marketo form.   The Event Number My Token uses the event number that we obtain from GTW, and the {{member.registration code}} token uses the registration code value set by the GTW adapter.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Event Marketing Best Practices

Jenny
I'd encourage you to check out our resources section here. We have some great new event marketing assets.

Also, you should download The Definitive Guide to Event Marketing as it is our most comprehensive asset.

Hope these help!
Liz