Go to solution
KanakoTone
Level 5

Engagement Program Transition Rules with wait function

We're setting up an Engagement Program. The cadence is;

1. Send Email A1 on Tuesday

2a. Send Email A2 on Friday, if they haven't opened the Email A1 by Thursday

2b. Send Email B1 on Friday, if they opened the Email A1 by Thursday

Setting up the transition rule for 2b is easy, but I wonder how I could set up the transition rule for 2a.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Engagement Program Transition Rules with wait function

Hey Kanako,

The exact best solution for you may depend on the wider context of the nurture and the closer context of the content of the emails, however two solutions I'd suggest are:

1. A2 is the second email in the first stream, B1 is the first email in the second stream. You're moved into stream two if you clicked on any/a specific email in stream one, otherwise you stay in stream one.
  2. Use nested default programs, with all emails in one stream and A1 & B1 both nested in a single default program, the version sent filtered according to past open behaviour.

As an aside, I frequently don't actually use transition rules for nurture programs, and use smart campaigns instead - they're a little more flexible and, I find, work a bit better. If you're keen to run as three separate streams, smart campaigns would be easier to handle transitions.

Regardless, I suspect that #1 will be the best solution for you, it's definitely the simplest if you aren't already using nested programs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Kanako,

The exact best solution for you may depend on the wider context of the nurture and the closer context of the content of the emails, however two solutions I'd suggest are:

1. A2 is the second email in the first stream, B1 is the first email in the second stream. You're moved into stream two if you clicked on any/a specific email in stream one, otherwise you stay in stream one.
  2. Use nested default programs, with all emails in one stream and A1 & B1 both nested in a single default program, the version sent filtered according to past open behaviour.

As an aside, I frequently don't actually use transition rules for nurture programs, and use smart campaigns instead - they're a little more flexible and, I find, work a bit better. If you're keen to run as three separate streams, smart campaigns would be easier to handle transitions.

Regardless, I suspect that #1 will be the best solution for you, it's definitely the simplest if you aren't already using nested programs.

KanakoTone
Level 5

Thanks! I think I was thinking too complicated

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

No sweat