Engagement Program Structures?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program Structures?

Hello Marketo Community!

I run nurturing at Marketo and I wanted to get a sense of how others are using their Engagement Programs / What types of nurtures you are using the Engagement Programs for? (E.g. Prospects, Upsell /Crossell, Behavior based)

Would also love to know how you have structured your programs and what external campaigns you use to manage all your different nurtures? (E.g. do you use a master controller, alert campaigns, gatekeepers etc) If you have a visual of how you have organized all your programs and campaigns that would be great.

I am trying to compile a document of how Marketo and other people are using the engagement programs so would love your input!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Program Structures?

In order to send emails at least 7 days a part but on any weekday we have the cadence set to weekly and any weekday.  Then we have a "pause and play" smart campaign that pauses leads for 6 days, sets cadence back to normal for 1 day (must end M-F) to allow sending an email the next cadence, then pause for another 6 days.  The goal is to send the emails 7 days a part but on any weekday depending on the timing of the original form submission.

Simpler to just set the cadence to weekly and just on one of the week days but that was not the request.  Curious if anyone else has similar requirements.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phillip - I've been looking for documentation on what kinds of master controllers/alert campaigns should be set up to run an effective nurture campaign but there is a serious lack of anything in depth to do with this. I can't really find much other than how to set up the streams and add people/content to the streams, but there's obviously several other important steps that need to be taken.  If you are running the nurture program at Marketo, perhaps some more engagement-focused deep dives for users? I know everyone will use the program differently but surely there are some consistent smart campaign suggestions that would be helpful?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry you had a hard time finding artic;es on engagement. Have you seen our deep dive on engagement here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDeepDive?id=kA5500000008T1pCAE#powerful

Let me know if there are specific questions that I could help answer. If there are questions regarding material presented at Summit those slides will be sent to attendees so you should get those in the coming weeks.

Best,
Anonymous
Not applicable

The deep dive you sent still doesn't answer my questions - i posted a new discussion here:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pp3DAAS

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Phillip, do you have the slides available from the University day that you did? I was in on one of the sessions of Track 4, and my co-worker was in Track 4 almost all day long, but it would be super helpful to review how you set up your master controller! Unfortunately, the University course guide had all of like 2 pages on Advanced Nurture which really doesn't cover anything.

Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

I believe our education team will send it and I know they are still working on getting all the sessions up.

If you still don't receive it, please let me know and I would be happy to send them to you.