Engagement Program: Skip Content After 1 Year?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program: Skip Content After 1 Year?

I am working on a project where we are transitioning an older traffic cop nurturing campaign over to an engagement program. The legacy nurture flow leverages emails that promote standalone landing page content programs to track content. We plan to transition all the old nurture campaign folks over to the new engagement program.

Question: How do we ensure that that leads that received the content as part of the legacy nurturing don’t receive it as part of the new engagement program?

Yes, I know that if a lead is member of one of the legacy programs, that content will get skipped. However, I read a while back that there is a one year time period on the content skip. Anyone know anything about this limitation? Does it still exist? If true, how does the following work?

Example
  1. John Smith gets an email from a campaign in Program A on June 1, 2013 and clicks email. John Smith becomes a member of Program A.
  2. John Smith is added to a new Engagement Program B on April 1, 2014. The stream includes a campaign from Program A sending the same exact email from June 1, 2013.
  3. On May 1, 2014 (13 months later), the cast calls for John Smith’s email from Program A. Will the cast send the content because membership is over a year? Or, will the content get skipped because John is part Program A? I wanted to confirm it is the latter. 
Thanks for any clarification.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Program: Skip Content After 1 Year?

Did you get any feedback on this?

I don't konw about the 1 year limit on the content skip, but more generally I would venture to say that it's not the end of the world if someone receives the same piece of content a year later. There is a very high propability that the content has already been forgotten - and if not, it would probably be the most relevant piece of content you can send them a year later (because they already indicated that they are interested!).