SOLVED

Engagement Engine Content

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Engine Content

Hi Marketo friends! 
Have you found that when running a nurture program that it's better to send emails with one topic/link or multiple related links? We are trying to decide between the two and can think of pros/cons for each.  Such as, if we send out a blog post that some people aren't interested in, we risk them unsubscribing altogether. Is it better to send out an email with links to two blog posts and a white paper all with similar threads, e.g. customers and social media. We don't have a ton of content that could be used for nurture, thus spreading our nurture program a little thinner might work better in the long run.  Thoughts? Experiences?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Engine Content

There is actually power in both. I think you need to take a hard look at the offer and the audience with regards to where they are in the funnel. I've traditionally been very focused on singular CTAs and minimizing every opportunity for defection, however, I've seen some success at top of funnel grabbers where multiple related types of content are provided - e.g. go to the site, see the video, download whitepaper - all related to the topic, but allowing them to have an alternate consumption - then ultimately putting them in the same nurture stream.

Beauty of this solution - you can test it. Set up an A/B split with the audience then review engagement.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Michelle,

I don't have any numbers/data to back this up, but I'd go with sending one call to action. I think it becomes too confusing and overwhelming with multiple links and buttons. It seems to be best practice to me to send an email focused on one topic and with one CTA.

If you are afraid of sending irrelevant content and getting unsubscribes, I would use dynamic content and maybe send different CTA by industry/region/etc or just create more streams with fewer members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second what Kim said. Figure out 1 thing you want them to do/go to and focus on that. For added 'bonus' content, I put this on the TY page after form submit. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is actually power in both. I think you need to take a hard look at the offer and the audience with regards to where they are in the funnel. I've traditionally been very focused on singular CTAs and minimizing every opportunity for defection, however, I've seen some success at top of funnel grabbers where multiple related types of content are provided - e.g. go to the site, see the video, download whitepaper - all related to the topic, but allowing them to have an alternate consumption - then ultimately putting them in the same nurture stream.

Beauty of this solution - you can test it. Set up an A/B split with the audience then review engagement.