Engaged smart campaign with 2 triggers

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Engaged smart campaign with 2 triggers

Hi,

In each of our Marketo programs, we are tracking engaged leads and adding interesting moments before pushing them to our CRM. We have a new campaign with 2 different CTAs: 1st one is to visit webpage and 2nd is to fill out a form.

How should we proceed if we want that anybody who does one of the 2 CTAs (and no necessarily both) are tracked?
Can we do 1 engaged campaign or should we do 2?
If we can do 1 engaged campaign, which filter(s) should we add? Trigger ANY : has visited webpage or has filled out form?

Cécile @ Talend

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engaged smart campaign with 2 triggers

I'm going to presume the form is on the webpage, so anyone who fills out the form should have visited the webpage.

A single campaign will have the benefit of suppressing one interesting moment so you don't show too much noise, but you'll need to delay the moments a bit.

Here's the recipe I would use:
  • Use both triggers in the the Smart List
  • Flow: Wait x minutes
  • Interesting moment: If filled out form, create interesting moment for filled out form; default create interesting moment for visited webpage
  • Lead can run through this once
You could also do this with two campaigns, and have the form campaign send immediately while the webpage campaign waits for the form campaign.  But it sounds like you're looking to do this with only one campaign.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I'm going to presume the form is on the webpage, so anyone who fills out the form should have visited the webpage.

No.
1st CTA is learn more (on our website)
2nd CTA is request more info
(Marketo landing page)
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case, you won't see many qualifying for both activities, so you can use the one smart campaign with or without the wait condition.  Using the one campaign will have the limit that you can only create an interesting moment for one but not both activities.  If you want to report both activities as interesting moments for leads qualifying for both, you should use two separate smart campaigns.