Enable the ability to define the date a specific program status/success was achieved

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Enable the ability to define the date a specific program status/success was achieved

Back in February, I submitted this idea:

Now that I think of it, it's not always the member date (the lead may already be a member when they registered), but the timestamp that occurs each time program status changes.  Just so I'm clear, I'm assuming Marketo simply takes the date - contained in the activity log - where a specific program status was achieved and this is what's used in the program membership analysis reports in RCE?  If so, I'm not even sure how this would be supported given the current architecture.  You would almost need a separate date field for each program status.  I'm just trying to think this out loud in the community in case someone else has any other ideas.  Once I have more clarification, I will update my idea accordingly.

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Enable the ability to define the date a specific program status/success was achieved

Hi Dan,

That would provide a lot of info, but I am not sure how we would use it...

Just having the possibility to set the date at which the current member status was set would be useful.

Another point : for SFDC users, this info is linked to SFDC campaign member statuses, which should be then edited / updated as well.

It links to another idea I posted here :

At the end of the day, we really need access to extended schema capabilities on program members. it would IMHO considerably boost Marketo campaign management capabilities. Event more if these program member fields were accessible through an API.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Enable the ability to define the date a specific program status/success was achieved

Agree.  The main point here is that more and more of our engagement is happening offline - events, telemarketing, direct marketing, etc..  Not to say we're not doing more in the digital space than we ever had - we absolutely are.  But in order to capture this engagement accurately in Marketo, additional flexibility is needed to accommodate these use-cases.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

In fact, we are talking here about nothing less than developing Marketo omni-channel capabilities

I concur that this ought to be a strategic evolution.

-Greg

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Here is a more humble use-case: my demand gen team started a new paid media campaign and forgot to notify marketing automation team in due time, so now we have to add all the folks that were affected by that campaign to corresponding tracking programs retrospectively, would've been great if we could specify the period cost they should be added to.