Embedding forms directly on Wordpress w/o losing tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding forms directly on Wordpress w/o losing tracking

We've recently encountered an issue where we have Marketo landing pages w/ forms embedded as an iframe onto our wordpress site.  This works really well but for some reason it breaks out international tracking (Not the main issue)

To remedy this, I simply embedded the form itself onto our wordpress page and everything worked! However, before I push this to all 200+ pages we have, I came across an article that talked about the drawbacks to doing this

"Although it makes the integration into your existing site fairly straightforward, it comes with several drawbacks. This includes the fact that your forms will not pre-fill with known prospects data, it is impossible to track conversion rates of your forms and equally as hard to track form submissions via smart lists. Until Marketo resolves these issues, I would not advise going down this path, even if it may make implementation easy" -Revenue Pulse | Marketo Consulting – Implementing Marketo Forms On Your Website – What’s Best For Yo...

I saw this article was written back in Nov 2014 so my question is:  Are these still issues that one would face if they used this method of embedding forms on wordpress pages? Or have these issues been resolved/addressed?

Thanks in advance,

Jake

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Embedding forms directly on Wordpress w/o losing tracking

Hi Jake,

This article statements are partially incorrect and were already 15 months ago:

• What is true is that you will not have form prefill.
  • Tracking from submission rate will not be easy in Marketo, but this is also true for Forms on Marketo landing pages anyway: the Landing Page performance report in Marketo is too perfunctory and Marketo is not content centered, it is lead centered as a Marketing Automation tool should be anyhow. So page/form conversion performance measurement is much better done in an Analytics tool (e.g. Google Analytics).
  • It is completely wrong that you would not be able to create smart lists of leads that converted on a given form.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help, Greg!  This is is great to know as I move forward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not believe this is still an issue as we have added the embed code feature in 2015, you will definitely be able to track form submissions in marketo this way.