Emails not populating in sales insights

Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Emails not populating in sales insights

From time to time I have a sales rep who has issues with emails not showing up in sales insights. We do use the gmail plugin so I'm not sure if that is where the issue is or if it is the connection between Marketo and Salesforce. Attached is a screenshot of the missing emails.

Any insights would be much appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Emails not populating in sales insights

Hi Steph,

Does the email activity come and go?  Or is it there for some users and not for others?  The reason I ask is that it could be related to permissions, and if they don't all have the same permissions that would be something to look into.

Additionally, are there any errors listed in the Sales Insight section in Marketo Admin?  If there are any communication problems between Marketo and SFDC that may be causing the issue.

John

Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Thanks for your response John!

I've only heard of this problem from one sales rep and he's had the issue several times, it seems to fix itself after some time, but then comes back. I can definitely have our salesforce admin check his permissions.

I'm not seeing any sync issues in Marketo, is there a specific section of Marketo where you can see Sales Insights errors, vs. other errors?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Any errors would show up in Marketo Admin > Sales Insight.  If there were a problem you should see Configuration Error in red letters.

If this is just a single user though, it's not likely to be an integration problem.

Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Ah, it says configured, so no errors there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Steph,

I have not seen this issue, but sorry if this sounds really obvious, are you sure the email addresses are 100% the same in Salesforce, Marketo and Gmail.  It might be a case that some of these have been set up with slightly different email addresses (for instance in my last company both initial.last name and first name.last name were allowed email addresses for me to use). 

Simon

Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Thanks for your response Simon!

We do have plenty of versions of our emails, I will definitely verify that Marketo, Salesforce and Gmail are using all of the same ones. Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue Steph. My activities show up for my reps in their Gmail, but not in the activity in the Salesforce Marketo Sales Insights page layout - just like your screenshot. I've logged a case and hopefully they'll get back to us soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck with trouble shooting this?