SOLVED

Emails not going out as expected

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails not going out as expected

I prepared a Marketo marketing campaign (email, landing pages, enrollment forms and what not) and it all worked fine when tested last week.  The plan was to let it go out today to 1,000 customers. Today, I went in and made some minor adjustments and attempted to test the campaign internally with Microcopy team members before sending to the customer database. The emails in Marketo are set as being delivered, but the emails are never sent. Recipients never receive them so there is no way for anyone to become a qualified lead. I also have an email alert set up to go to one of the front office folks and that doesn’t go through either. The only think I can think of is that something is wrong with the email server and it is stopping these email from being delivered/received… could there be something in Marketo that is causing this. I deactivated and reactivated the campaign and also made sure all the internal folks on the testing are in the lead database. This worked pefectly last week.  What am I doing wrong???
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emails not going out as expected

We've had issues with trigger campaigns taking between 2 hours - 24 hours to activate.  Currently we have a ticket in with support and it has been escalated up a level.  If any sort of solution comes of it I can let you know.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I'd check to make sure you don't have any other campaigns going on that could bog down your server.  If all the test emails went to people on the same company server, I'd try a live test to a gmail or yahoo address as well.  It could be an issue with the internal server firewall blocking the emails.  If there are no other campaigns going on and the live test doesn't work, I'd contact support.  There may be a backlog issue on their end.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Laura... I tested with my Gmail account and I got the email and did as expected... I filled out the form and suubmitted which then should trigger an email alert to be sent to the sales team to contact the hot lead as soon as they respond to the email. Problem is that the sales alert emails aren't going out either... I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with IT and they don't see any reason why this is happening... I didn;t know I could call phone support. I don't have a support contract. Will they talk to me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've had issues with trigger campaigns taking between 2 hours - 24 hours to activate.  Currently we have a ticket in with support and it has been escalated up a level.  If any sort of solution comes of it I can let you know.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  It looks like the campaign is being triggered. It is just ebong blocked for some reason. I have opened a support case, as well...