Go to solution
Matt_Lyman
Level 2

Email unsubscribe AND preference center

Hey everyone,

We want our email footer to look like this:

This Email was sent to ....

Manage Subscriptions | Unsubscribe

We have created a subscription center to point the Manage Preferences to, and we want to leave unsubscribe pointing to the original unsubscribe.

Original HTML was:

<p><font face="Verdana" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">unsubscribe</a> at any time. </font> </p>

Want to update to:

<p><font face="Verdana" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}.</font></p>

<p><font face="Verdana" size="1"><a href=“FULL PAGE URL”>Manage Subscriptions</a> |  <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">Unsubscribe</a></font></p>

I am getting a 404 page not found error whenever I test. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Email unsubscribe AND preference center

We solved Matt's problem. When you're pasting in URLs, be cautious of curly quotation marks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Matt,

Which link is giving you the 404?

John

Matt_Lyman
Level 2

Strangely - when I put that "to be" code in, the "manage" link isn't visible, and the unsubscribe is a 404.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

What is the actual code you're putting in? I assume you aren't actually putting this in there:

<p><font face="Verdana" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}.</font></p>

<p><font face="Verdana" size="1"><a href=“FULL PAGE URL”>Manage Subscriptions</a> |  <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">Unsubscribe</a></font></p>

Also, why are you using the deprecated <font> element? Why not inline CSS styling?

Matt_Lyman
Level 2

You are correct. We are putting the full page URL in the red section. As far as the font goes, we were just copying over from the content that is currently in our Admin -> Emails. With enough issues on the links, we are trying to get that solved before the other pieces.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

If you email me the verbatim snippet that you are entering, I can go test it out and see if I can re-produce it. Shoot me an email at jcooperman@marketo.com

Matt_Lyman
Level 2

Thanks. Email is on its way.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

We solved Matt's problem. When you're pasting in URLs, be cautious of curly quotation marks!

Matt_Lyman
Level 2

We also had an issue with our auto fill not being enabled through the landing pages admin section. Make sure to check that!