SOLVED

Email Tracking Link

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Tracking Link

I am prepping for changing our Primary CNAME in the upcoming weeks due to a business acquisition.  

In trying to fill out the "ask IT to configure protocols" paragraph provided by Marketo, I know what the landing page domain name will be: info.XX.com, but when I go in to the email section our tracking link is no longer in the form mkto-[a-z][4 digits].com but looks to be replaced with what our current instance is working off of.  Do I give them what it currently says or can i find the old email tracking link that is in the correct form?  And I need a little help with what to put in for the second paragraph in bold below....
- For our tracking links in email, add another DNS entry for the CNAME[emailTrackingCNAME].companydomain.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Tracking Link

Hi Erin,
If your know your current CNAME, simply enter it into this site: http://mxtoolbox.com/CNAMELookup.aspx . This will tell you where it is pointing to. That is the tracking link you need to point your new CNAME too.

If this does not work and your IT team cannot find it either, open up a support ticket and we will be able to recreate it for you!

Thanks,
Will

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

we use go.companydomain.com to brand out tracking links...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erin,
It sounds like you already replaced your trackling link with your own branded domain. Does your tracking link contain one of your own domains already?

If not, all you need to give to your IT team is the subdomain you want to appear in your email links and your generic mkto tracking URL.

For example, you can send: "Please create the CNAME go.mydomain.com and point it to mkto-j456.com"

Does that answer your question?

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have to change our tracking link.  How can I see the original tracking link in the form:  mkto-[a-z][4 digits].com?

It is now in the form pages.XX.com.  Will it work the same way if I send that off for the new domain?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Will.  Yes, I dont understand where I can find the mkto-j456.com.  So I will need to involve IT in this is what I am thinking.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erin,
If your know your current CNAME, simply enter it into this site: http://mxtoolbox.com/CNAMELookup.aspx . This will tell you where it is pointing to. That is the tracking link you need to point your new CNAME too.

If this does not work and your IT team cannot find it either, open up a support ticket and we will be able to recreate it for you!

Thanks,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Will!  Big Help!! 🙂  I think I got it, but I think I will double check with Support as well.