SOLVED

Email signatures - Person or Team?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email signatures - Person or Team?

Calling all B2B Marketo users...I would welcome your thoughts on whether marketing emails should be signed off by a person or something more generic like a team? If you do one or the other, does it affect results? 
Thanks,  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email signatures - Person or Team?

Hi Louise,

I carried out several A/B tests and personal letters perform WAY better. Open rates were up to 200% higher and click rates up to 500% higher when the email was sent on behalf of someone from the staff; option B was sending it on behalf of "CompanyName" Team. On the other hand, the more you use someone's name as label, the lower will be those numbers (it's a proven fact, too) as people seem to get sick of the same guy in their inbox. Maybe at the 20th email they understand it's fake.

But, if you need to get more attendees for some local event for example, and if you're using a small database for this, personal emails can be the best choice.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louise, 

in my experiene, e-mails coming from a person (so both from name, and from email) perform better. Curious to here from other as well. 

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

We typically use the lead owner's contact info when sending emails. It seems to make it more personal and if the individual replies back, their reply is already going to the right person and a good conversation can grow between the two.

That has worked well for us in the past!

I would note though, that if you're using individual email addresses, that you should notify those people and help them set up a folder to push auto-replies to. You can send an email via Marketo and suddenly their inbox is flooded with out of the office requests and other auto-replies.

Making those team members aware of email send before they happen will also help close the communication gap between teams in your org. It's been helpful for us for sure.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louise,

I carried out several A/B tests and personal letters perform WAY better. Open rates were up to 200% higher and click rates up to 500% higher when the email was sent on behalf of someone from the staff; option B was sending it on behalf of "CompanyName" Team. On the other hand, the more you use someone's name as label, the lower will be those numbers (it's a proven fact, too) as people seem to get sick of the same guy in their inbox. Maybe at the 20th email they understand it's fake.

But, if you need to get more attendees for some local event for example, and if you're using a small database for this, personal emails can be the best choice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal emails seem to work best here. Gives the recipient that feeling that someone personally drafted the email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree - personal letters always perform better than "marketing" emails. However, I tend to use it sparingly, because, as Elena mentioned, you can quickly devalue the sender's name if it becomes obvious that you're using it to just send marketing emails.

I like to send as many as I can from the Lead Owner.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.