SOLVED

Email Programs: Adding an email address after the program has been approved and finished.

Go to solution
Adrian_Cardelle
Level 2

Email Programs: Adding an email address after the program has been approved and finished.

Hi there,

I understand email programs are meant for a one time use (batch emails). I already created an email program, approved, and it's finished. However, I received two more email addresses that need to be added to the list. Is there a way to do this or must I just clone the program to send them out to just those two?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Email Programs: Adding an email address after the program has been approved and finished.

Hi Adrian Cardelle‌ - when you say that the email is approved and finished, you mean that it got sent out, right?

If it's just two more people, I'd create a smart campaign and send the email that way. Then, you could always pull an email performance report on the email asset (instead of using the email program dashboard reporting) to get the full analytics view - not super important for two people, but it's there if you need it.

pastedImage_3.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Carrie_Chandle1

Re: Email Programs: Adding an email address after the program has been approved and finished.

Hi Adrian Cardelle‌ - when you say that the email is approved and finished, you mean that it got sent out, right?

If it's just two more people, I'd create a smart campaign and send the email that way. Then, you could always pull an email performance report on the email asset (instead of using the email program dashboard reporting) to get the full analytics view - not super important for two people, but it's there if you need it.

pastedImage_3.png

Adrian_Cardelle
Level 2

Yes, the email has gone out. Thank you for this tip. I set a smart campaign as a part of my program to "Re-send to additions". I added "Email Address" filter, and included the emails there. However, two questions to your response. If I have to continue to add on emails in the future, do I simply continue to add on the emails to the existing filter? Or drag another "Email Address" filter every time I need to add people to the campaign?

And 2., To activate this campaign, do I just manually go to schedule and hit "run once" each time, since there are no triggers in place to tell it to send the email otherwise?

Thank you. 

Carrie_Chandle1

If you need to continue to send this email out, you can either swap out the existing email addresses in the email address filter with your new ones (you don't need the old ones because they've already received the email), or if you think this will be a regular occurrence, you can turn the campaign into a trigger using the "Campaign is Requested" trigger instead of the "email address" filter you're currently using.

If you keep it as-is, your would continue using "run once"... if you move it to a trigger, you would activate it. Is this a campaign that will regularly be re-run? Is there any automated criteria you can put in place? 

Adrian_Cardelle
Level 2

I believe because it's not really too much of a reoccurrence, I'm better with your recommendation of keeping it as-is and continue "run once" and just add the new email addresses as I move along since anyone that's already run through the campaign can only run once. Thank you so much for your help!