Email content length

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email content length

Does the Marketo platform impose a limit to the length of content in an email? I have a user with a message that is 1,269 words. Is this too long for email templates to handle?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email content length

Shouldn't be too long. Can you describe what is going on?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing developed in Marketo yet. We have a legacy email distribution platform in use and the customer had requested its user to send this message and it is too long for it. So, they are asking if it will be too long for Marketo use. The content is in-depth training information on one of our financial products.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo users send out in-depth email newsletters all the time; there should be no problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, a newsletter would be very in-depth content.  Thanks, Jason, "No problem" is exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do have a cap, but it is really, really long. 1,200 words is almost certainly fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erik - Can you devulge what the cap is?  I'm running into a situation where a really long email is getting truncated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, I don't have the limit off the top of my head. It is some large number of bytes. If you already have an email being truncated, you've hit it then.

Support ought to be able to help you find it though.