SOLVED

Email Activity Reports by Lead

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Activity Reports by Lead

Hello all,

At my company, we have an internal call prospecting team (similar to the Marketo SDRs) and we have linked their software (it's homegrown) to our Marketo instance so that when they complete a call, it triggers an email in Marketo, via the API, based on the call outcome (left voicemail, spoke to contact, etc.)

My goal is to be able to meet with their manager and give him an activty report every day that is very similar to the website activity report. I'd like to be able to show him here are all of the leads that opened any of these emails (there are 6 versions total) and here are any clicks. 

Again, I want it to be like the website activity report so that he can see the lead name and his team can review this information as they prepare for their calls that day.

I've been trying to find a way to do this with the Analytics tab, to know avail, so I thought I would ask and see what genius can be shared here!

Thanks,
Emily

Please note that we do not have the revenue cycle modler in our instance.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Activity Reports by Lead

There is some confusion in naming between Salesforce and Marketo.  This is one example: in Salesforce, you might pull a "report" that is a list of people, but in Marketo this will be under SmartLists.

To find this in Marketo, you'll need to create a SmartList for your criteria (all leads that opened any of these emails in the last 24 hours).  Alternatively, if you use Programs and Progression Statuses, you might look at the list of members in the Program.

In either instance, this will not be a report pushed to your team, but a list you will have to export daily.

A better approach would be to sync this information to SFDC, syncing the Marketo Program to an SFDC Campaign, and then your team can get the report within SFDC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is some confusion in naming between Salesforce and Marketo.  This is one example: in Salesforce, you might pull a "report" that is a list of people, but in Marketo this will be under SmartLists.

To find this in Marketo, you'll need to create a SmartList for your criteria (all leads that opened any of these emails in the last 24 hours).  Alternatively, if you use Programs and Progression Statuses, you might look at the list of members in the Program.

In either instance, this will not be a report pushed to your team, but a list you will have to export daily.

A better approach would be to sync this information to SFDC, syncing the Marketo Program to an SFDC Campaign, and then your team can get the report within SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly, we don't have SFDC 😞

Our CRM is ConnectWise and it's not well known (in fact, when we were discussing our custom API with Marketo, they had never heard of ConnectWise). We are building our API in house, which has proven to be quite a challenge. While we are getting closer, I have been and will be using Marketo as a standalone for the forseeable future.

While exporting Smart Lists on a daily basis is not the best solution, I think it's the best I have to work with for now. Thanks for your advice!

-Emily