Edit HTML

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit HTML

Hi,

i'm new to Marketo so have a few questions if someone can help.

The mails I send on a weekly basis are the same content with a slightly different style and to 3 different domains, in the old (mailchimp) world I would view the html, find & replace domain and replace images, zip & upload.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can repeat this work flow in Marketo?

Many thanks,

Oli

3 REPLIES 3
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Edit HTML

I recommend you first go through the "Getting Started" documentation (https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Getting+Started ), and then the Email Marketing section (https://docs.marketo.com/pages/releaseview.action?pageId=557076 ).  Things in Marketo are done much differently than other email platforms.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading a lot of 'getting started' help and I'm not finding it anything particularly user friendly. I'm sure it is very powerful when you get to grips with it, but sadly I don't have much time for that. I have training next week, hopefully that will be more fruitful.

cheers

Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

Hi Oliver -

Your best bet would be to export the HTML of your MailChimp template and paste it into a Marketo template.

All the images you have in the template you'll need to import into Marketo and point to those images.

Every Marketo email template will need one div class called mkteditable.

If you want to do the quick and dirty route, create a Marketo email and replace the HTML with your the MailChimp HTML - but again you'll want to have your image paths in Marketo..

I'm not following the sending to 3 domains comment. Once you import your leads or sync to your CRM or data source, in Marketo you would just make a smart list of who you want to. 

You can also send from different domains that you own and if so you 'll want to set up SPF and DKIM authetication for those domains - all of which is covered in the 9 set up steps mentioned by Dan above.

Sign up and take advantage of the new customer Office Hours too have someone walk you through this a bit more.

More here.

Edit an Email's HTML - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Add Editable Sections to an Email Template - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Set up SPF and DKIM for your Email Deliverability - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Hope this helps,

Tim