Dynamics AX ERP integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics AX ERP integration

Hi everyone,

I have a prospect that has their entire operation on the on-premise Dynamics AX ERP solution. On the front end they are running a Magento shop. Most of their customer interaction is done manually and they are looking to automate 80% of the regular communications. The goal is to increase adoption of their product and free up time for the customer support teams.

They are not allowed to market to new B2C customers (medical product), but will in time market to B2B customers (medical professionals).

Does anyone have experienced integrating Dynamics AX with Marketo? How would I go about this, or is it something that I would need to leave to their IT department with the Marketo API documentation?

Thanks!

Henrik

3 REPLIES 3
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Dynamics AX ERP integration

Yes I have experience integrating with Dynamics AX, and yes it required advanced APIs and a middleware platform. We used Talend as middleware, but you could use any enterprise middleware you like that has the ability to connect cloud and on-premise systems. Sounds like you need to use your option B there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it!

I did find this connector: Dynamics AX integration with Marketo – Marketo LaunchPoint

I contacted them and they are confident they will be able to help me. Is this comparable to Talend?

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I've never seen that connector before, looks pretty cool. Yes, basically they've built their own "middleware" preconfigured for AX and Marketo. Neat. It'll certainly save you some time. Just make sure you're able to configure it to get the exact data you're looking for and that it doesn't just pass standard data they think you'll want.