Dynamic Emails in the Engagement Engine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Emails in the Engagement Engine

Hello Marketo Rockstars!

We're setting up all of our nurture stuff and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. What we have (for now) is one program for one of our services, and I have streams for each stage (early, mid, late, opportunity management). We would like to do dynamic text based on the person's industry...

Sometimes this is easy - I just target the messaging about a certain piece of content so that it sounds appealing to the recipient based on their industry. Other times - particularly for curated content - this is going to be more challenging.

If I have an email that (with dynamic text for the body) has totally different articles and copy, it's going to make it really difficult to tweak these emails once we begin sending and find out which pieces are hot and which are not.

Has anyone come up with a good way to deal? Am I just going about this all wrong? Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dynamic Emails in the Engagement Engine

I haven't done much with dynamic emails yet, only a few. But I really like all of the posibilities they give you when you start thinking about different uses etc.

However, I too find it difficult when you need to go in and edit. And one thing in particular is sometimes the campaign managers decide they want something in the template changed for this particular email, well you can't edit the html source in a dynamic email. Then you have to go and clone and edit the original template and redo all of your work.

I'm also interested in what responses are given to you about this, Emily, thanks for posting!