Does Marketo automatically resubscribe?

Colette_Cooley
Level 2

Does Marketo automatically resubscribe?

Hello, 

I'm trying to figure out a flow that allows people sign up to our mailing list. We basically want to log as 'unsubscribed', those uninterested and allow those already in our system as unsubscribed to recieve our mailings again.

I have put in Change Data Value and set it to recognise if 'no don't sign me up' is selected then unsubscribed is 'true'.

Then:

Add to List:
If their current interest is blah, 
Add them to product X newsletter list

However, I'm unsure of what Marketo does if the person ticking the 'sign me up' box is seen in our system as already unsubscribed. - Does it change their status from 'unsubscribed' back to 'subscribed'? And if so, will they then follow through my flow correctly?

Warm wishes, 
Colette. 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Marketo automatically resubscribe?

This need to be done by you with workflow. Once the visitor re-opts in you need to have a trigger-based smart campaign watching for this form submit. Its flow would be the change data value of "unsubscribed" = false. Then you can request the campaign that sends the asset with the nex flow step. Doing it this way will rule out any race scenarios.
Colette_Cooley
Level 2

Hi Mark, 

Thank you for your advice, I do see what you mean in creating a separate smart campaign for the whole of the unsubscribed list:

Smart List - 'Fills Out Form' - Form is X

Flow - Change Data Value - Attribute: unsubscribe - New Value: false

But just to confirm and be clear:
If this is created and an unsubscribed person fills out the form (and ticks yes to mailing list) they will be resubscribed at that point AND THEN pushed through my newsletter campaign's flow?

Sincere thanks for your expertise!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. The Key thing to consider as well is that they will also not be blocked from any other out-bound campagins going forward...
Colette_Cooley
Level 2

Ok thank you so much Mark I really appreciate the help!