SOLVED

Does anyone have any tips on creating letter based scoring rather than numbers?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any tips on creating letter based scoring rather than numbers?

Looking for tips and tricks on how to create a scoring system that grades leads based on their demographic and behavioral activities. Instead of giving them numeric values.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone have any tips on creating letter based scoring rather than numbers?

Agreed, take the scores that you want to grade on then have a total score field which sums up your important scrores. Based on your corng model you should have different thresholds. The total score would be used in a workflow and populate a custom field called "Lead Grade" as the score passes certain thresholds the grade would either increase or decrease. 

Trigger: Listen for "Data Value Change" in "Total Score". 

Workflow: "Change Data Value" of "Lead Grade" and then do constraints...

It would look roughly like the image below (Lead Attribute for change would be "Lead Grade"): 

0EM50000000RfIT.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone have any tips on creating letter based scoring rather than numbers?

Chandni,

You can coordinate it to a leadscore, so setup a program that can look at the value of the score and based on certain ratios, you can fill a new field that has the name Grade with the appropriate grade that you want to give based on their scores. So this is a way to convert score to Grades, if that is the manner you wish to use them. 

Typically I recommend two types here, a grade based on the individuals profile. So based on the fields that are associted with that lead receive a grade such as (a,b,c,.. etc) And the score is associated with their activities. Such as clicking on a link in an email, or downloading a whitepaper. 

Does this make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chadni,

I've done this in the past and found that the simplest way to do it was to have a standard score field and to use a formula field in SFDC to manage the "grade".

All in all SFDC is just more attuned to that kind of relationship.

In Marketo you'd need to create a campaign for each transition (including regression if you have scoring decay), in it's SFDC one formula and you're good.

Hope this helps

Guy
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, take the scores that you want to grade on then have a total score field which sums up your important scrores. Based on your corng model you should have different thresholds. The total score would be used in a workflow and populate a custom field called "Lead Grade" as the score passes certain thresholds the grade would either increase or decrease. 

Trigger: Listen for "Data Value Change" in "Total Score". 

Workflow: "Change Data Value" of "Lead Grade" and then do constraints...

It would look roughly like the image below (Lead Attribute for change would be "Lead Grade"): 

0EM50000000RfIT.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chandni,

In addition to what everyone else has said thus far, it's easiest if you construct a matrix to give yourself a good visual of the maping structures. It sounds like you're trying to use two scores, behaviorial and demographic, so put each on an axis and come up with what ranges have what letter grades. For example, upper right box is an "A", the boxes immediately to the bottom and left of that box are a "B", etc.

Then, if you're using SFDC and are handy with formulas, it's easiest to construct a formula field that looks at the two score fields, and returns a grade per what you've determined in your matrix.

If you're not using SFDC or another CRM that gives you Excel-like formula capability, you can construct a program in Marketo to do the same thing like what Jeffery outlined above, although it could end up getting pretty hairy.

If you have a question about the SFDC workflow aspect and are attending Summit, be sure to check out my session where I'd be happy to discuss how to address your situation since it's a fairly common scenario.

http://summit.marketo.com/2014/speakers/charlie-liang/
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a follow up Q to Jeffery's post above.

I'm trying to implement the out of the box Marketo Scoring program for Standard and elite which requires new fields to be created for behavior score and demographic score which i did, but the field type must be "integer" in order to work. BUT, it if I make the field type integer, it does not recognize the attribute change to the letter values A-F (As shown in the screen-shot from Jefferey above) Anyone know how to get around this?

I'm still new to Marketo so screenshots and details are great. Basically, I'd like my demographic score to have values A, B, C, D, F. And have a separate numeric field for behavior scoring. Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the feedback. I have already created the matrix but as you mentioned Charlie, I find formulas a little hairy. However I will try it out. I am not using SFDC but SugarCRM. 

You guys are awesome.

Thank you!!!