SOLVED

Do Operation Emails count towards Global Communication Limits?

Go to solution
Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

Do Operation Emails count towards Global Communication Limits?

I have our communication limits set as 1 email per day, but no more than 2 emails within 7 days.

If i have 3 emails to send to customers in a 7 day period & either the first one or the second email is an operational product release email.  My question is will the third email still be sent? or does the global communication limits that i set also count operational email and the third email will not be sent?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Do Operation Emails count towards Global Communication Limits?

From my experiences, even if your first two emails that are sent are operational your third email will be blocked because they've already received 2 emails in the 7 day window. If you sent 2 emails and then marked the third as operational, then that one would be able to go out because it would ignore the communication limits.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Global communication limits are for non-operational emails.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

From my experiences, even if your first two emails that are sent are operational your third email will be blocked because they've already received 2 emails in the 7 day window. If you sent 2 emails and then marked the third as operational, then that one would be able to go out because it would ignore the communication limits.

Good luck!

Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

This is what i had thought.  Thank you for your insights.

Kim_Allen
Level 10

I agree with Dory here! It would depend if the 3rd is operational. But also remember you do have the opportunity to disregard the communication limits if you absolutely need that email sent but I wouldn't recommend it.

Kim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is on the schedule tab, but some people cannot access this.