SOLVED

Do I have to set up a specific email address for bounced back email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have to set up a specific email address for bounced back email?

If I send out an email and some emails get bounced back, do I get bounced email report in email or in any email notice? If so, do I have to specify an email address for the notification or report to be sent to? Or does the report go automatically to the email sender address? And how can I sync the bounced email address list to SalesForce?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Do I have to set up a specific email address for bounced back email?

Hi Kaming, there's no notification of bounced emails other than a smart list setup like John mentions above. The "from" address (not the reply to) will receive any out of office or autoreply messages -- so for 2200 people that shouldn't be too many replies.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Kaming,

There is no automatic report for email bounces in Marketo.  You could set up a smart list for your email with filters like Was Sent Email, and Email Bounced, and then set up a subscription to that list for yourself.  If you want to sync that information to Marketo you could use Interesting Moments if you have Sales Insight set up.  Otherwise you'd need a custom field, but I probably wouldn't recommend this, as you'd need a new field for each email you sent.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John! Does the sender of the email get any email notice of bounced email? I need to set up an email and use the name of my boss as sender. The email list has more than 2200 people. I just want to make sure the her email inbox won't flood with email notice of bounced emails.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Kaming, there's no notification of bounced emails other than a smart list setup like John mentions above. The "from" address (not the reply to) will receive any out of office or autoreply messages -- so for 2200 people that shouldn't be too many replies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory! My boss does not even want any out-of-office or auto-reply messages. Can I set up another email address only for out-of-office or auto-reply messages?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kaming,

No this is not possible. If your boss does not want to receive such messages on a email sent to 2200 people during Christmas season, probably she should not be the sender in the first place 🙂

What can be done is to use another email address similar to that of your boss, but that YOU would control. For instance if you boss's address is jdoe@domain.com, you could set up in your email system a john.doe@domain.com that you could use for this email blast.

-Greg