SOLVED

Do embedded forms 2.0 have to be in the program to track conversions

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do embedded forms 2.0 have to be in the program to track conversions

I have an embedded form 2.0 for a webinar in a landing page that is not tracking conversions. This form is not in the program, just in the design studio. Could that cause the form to not track conversions? At the program level I can see the number of people who filled out the form for the webinar but in the landing page report there are no conversions being tracked. Anyone have any experience with this or am I just not understanding the process correctly? Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do embedded forms 2.0 have to be in the program to track conversions

Hi David,

If the Fills Out Form trigger is working for your program level tracking, go to the activity log of one of the leads who filled out the form, and check to see what landing page was recorded.

I have not studied the new embed code, but with Forms 1.0, part of the process of embedding was replacing the "LPID" in the hidden form parameters. The LPID is an identification number for a particular Marketo LP. When submitting a form, the LPID and FormID are included in the submit, telling Marketo which form on which LP was filled out. When embedding, you are putting the form onto a NON-marketo page (typically) so there shouldn't be an LPID. In the case you describe above, it sounds like by using the embed code, the LPID is probably being stripped out, even though you are then embedding it on a Marketo LP.

I'll bet you could get around this by determining the LPID of your landing page, and modifying the embed code, but probably best to have an HTML expert who knows Marketo handle it. If you don't have such a person, let me know and perhaps my company can help (we're a marketo services partner).

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

David,

Is the form for the webinar located on a Marketo landing page?

If so, are you embedding the form onto the landing page using the embed code verse just dragging the form icon onto the Marketo landing page in the landing page editor?

Mollie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mollie,
It is a Marketo landing page that uses the embed code from forms 2.0 in the html template. It is a responsive template and it seemed like the easiest way to get the form in the page and in the right spot. I've done this with Forms 1.0 but first time with Fomrs 2.0 . Is there any code that may have been stripped out during the creation of the responsive template that is needed?

Thanks! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

If the Fills Out Form trigger is working for your program level tracking, go to the activity log of one of the leads who filled out the form, and check to see what landing page was recorded.

I have not studied the new embed code, but with Forms 1.0, part of the process of embedding was replacing the "LPID" in the hidden form parameters. The LPID is an identification number for a particular Marketo LP. When submitting a form, the LPID and FormID are included in the submit, telling Marketo which form on which LP was filled out. When embedding, you are putting the form onto a NON-marketo page (typically) so there shouldn't be an LPID. In the case you describe above, it sounds like by using the embed code, the LPID is probably being stripped out, even though you are then embedding it on a Marketo LP.

I'll bet you could get around this by determining the LPID of your landing page, and modifying the embed code, but probably best to have an HTML expert who knows Marketo handle it. If you don't have such a person, let me know and perhaps my company can help (we're a marketo services partner).

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dan,

I have a feeling this was easier in forms 1.0. I do think your on the right track. I will have to test your theory and let the community know. I have seen another resolve for putting forms in responsive pages in the community that utilises JavaScript and may have to try that too. I figured I would give the forms 2.0 embed code a go and see what happens! 
Thanks for the help.