Discrepancies between bitly Click Stats and Marketo Web Page Reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Discrepancies between bitly Click Stats and Marketo Web Page Reports

Hi all!

I'm having a problem with finding discrepancies between the clicks stats I receive for a bitly link to a blog post and the report I create in Marketo for that same blog post page. The bitly stats are telling me I've had far more clicks, and from different sources (Linkedin, Twitter, etc), than are showing up in my Marketo report I've created for the post. Is this normal? Anyone experience this problem and/or have any advice for how to get the most accurate click stats?

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!
Allison
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discrepancies between bitly Click Stats and Marketo Web Page Reports

Allison,

Yes, I have seen these kinds if discrepancies before, although not from Bitly stats, but I have seen differences between Google Analytics stats Marketo traffic reports. I have even seen discrepancies between email click reports and page views.

As a rule of thumb, a Delta of within 6% on web measurment tools is more or less normal. Not sure if what you're seeing is beyond that or not.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Mine is the opposite.  More landing page views  being reported on Marketo vs. less clicks on twitter or hootsuite.  The landing page is the marketo landing page. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keith, it's unfortunately more like 50% on this particular blog post that I'm trying to track, which is a little annoying. As I'm trying to gague which sorts of posts and also which social posting tactics are most successful, I would really like to be able to track this more accurately. If anyone has any ideas for this I would love to hear them! I am just linking to a blog post on our website, so using a Web Page Report, with a filter for Visited This Page, Is, plus the blog page link to track.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allison,

More that 50%? Wow. I have noticed variations, but never this big.... I agree, that makes it quite difficult to track things.